1. Promote Employee Referrals
The simplest strategies are the best:
- Hire the most amazing people you know.
- Keep them consistently challenged and happy.
- Encourage them to bring their talented friends.
- Provide an excellent candidate experience.
Here’s a short checklist to make sure your candidate experiences are on the right track:
- Provide an accurate up front desk description of the job duties early on?
- Show up on time?
- Come prepared?
- Exchange feedback with the candidate?
3. Job Platforms
The use of excellent platforms can help you reach and interact with the perfect audience.
- Practice Collaborative Hiring
- Write Better Job Descriptions
If you’re not accurately describing the position you’re hiring for, you’re at a disadvantage.
- Value Quality Over Quantity
Fewer interviews, less onboarding. Better to hire outstanding employees over a few good ones. If you are being interviewed always remember these few key highlights:
- Communicate a Strong Employee Value Proposition
- Understand the salary you are applying for
- Benefits are a plus so keep an eye out for those benefits
- Work environments/company culture
- Ask to see how they handle rewards & recognition
To be a marketer, you have to have that mindset always, not just during your interview. Always remember to:
- Explore Remote Work Arrangements
- Ask questions
- Seek and embrace diversity within the work environment
- get a clear and realistic timeline for the job you are applying for
As the interviewer, always remember:
- Don’t Discount Previous Candidates
- Consider a candidate for another open position if they don’t fit the first opening
By using these 15 simple recruiting tips it’ll help you and your company money and time to get you off to a great start.